PADDOCKWOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCILTO BE HELD ON Monday 18th November 2023 at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
Council members Cllr H Atkins, in the Chair
Cllrs R. Atkins, (TWBC) D. Dray, S. Hamilton (KCC), D. Kent, N. Maari, A. Mackie, T. Mobbs, R. Moon (TWBC) M. Munday, (TWBC)
D. Sargison, J. Thompson, C. Williams.
QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS (15 minutes)
If you wish to speak to the Council about any item on the agenda, please see the updated Protocol for the Public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website or can be obtained from the Town Council offices.
BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes)
Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
Concerns about traffic on the Maidstone Road have been raised with the Town Council and County Councillor following an accident involving a child. The County Councillor has been asked to respond at the meeting.
Dr Richard Claxton will be attending to explain the garden therapy scheme to members.
C101 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C102 GARDEN THERAPY
To consider how to progress this project.
C103 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
- To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 20th November 2023
- To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 30th November 2023
- To Note the minutes of the P & E Committee held on 20th November 2023 & 4th
- To NOTE the minutes of the Estates Committee meeting held on 11th
C104 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT COVERED ELSEWHERE
TWBC have confirmed that they would be willing to continue managing the public toilets in Paddock Wood if the Town Council increases its contribution to £10,000. This was members preferred option.
Members are asked to agree that the Town Council will pay £10,000 to TWBC for their continued management of the public toilets. (The Town Council currently pays £7,000 to TWBC for the management of the toilets.)
C105 COMMUNITY CENTRE
- To consider the attached report for Facilities Management for the Community Centre and agree which of the 5 options should be progressed.
- Signage – GAP have requested permission to install a sign in the entrance to the Community Centre. See attached logo. Members are asked to approve the installation of the sign. It is suggested that the sign should be located in the shrubbery in front of the nursery building.
- To note the reports from the directors, if available.
- To APPROVE the payments list voucher nos: 488 – 553
- To NOTE the receipts list voucher nos: 191 – 204.
- Additional fee for Planning Consultant – the council’s planning consultant has sent a revised
Fee. In addition to the proposed modifications to the Local Plan the amount of new evidence base is significant. Therefore, more time will be needed. A list of documents has been forwarded to members.
The original fee was £4600, the revised fee is £7650.
Members are asked to approve the increase.
Held over from the Finance meeting which was inquorate.
- IT Contract – to appoint a new IT consultant.
- Appointment of Internal Auditor – to appoint a new internal auditor.
C107 S106 FUNDING
To further consider what projects the Town Council would like to put forward for S106 funding.
A list of current s106 funding attached.
C108 D DAY LANDINGS, 80TH ANNIVERSARY
To consider whether the Town Council wishes to arrange an event to commemorate the anniversary on Thursday 6th June 2024. See the attached.
Lieutenant-General Frederick Morgan (1894-1967) the principal planner of Operation Overlord was born in Paddock Wood.
C109 COUNCILLOR SURGERIES
- To agree further dates and locations for the surgeries
- To agree signage supplied by Cllr Munday.
C110 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
To receive updates from representatives
(a) Chairman’s meeting – there was a meeting on the 12th December
(b) Paddock Wood Business Association – no meeting
(c) Bereko Committee
(d) KALC – the AGM took place on the 18th November. A copy of the presentation on Town and Parish Communities and Health has been circulated to members.
(e) Medway Valley Line
(f) Hop Pickers Line – there will be a meeting on the 19th December 2023
(g) Youth Council
(h) Putlands Leisure Centre – meeting scheduled for 13th December 2023
(i) Highway Improvement Plan
(k) Reports from meetings which members have attended on behalf of the Town Council.
C111 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will take place on Monday 15th January 2024 at 7.45 in the Day Centre.
CLERK TO THE COUNCIL
12th December 2023
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR OFFICE HOURS
Friday 22nd December Office closes 1 pm
Christmas Day 25th December 2023 CLOSED
Boxing Day 26th December CLOSED
Wednesday 27th December 9 am – 1 pm (Clerk)
Thursday 28th December 9 am – Noon (RFO)
Friday 29th December 9 am – 1 pm (Deputy Clerk)
New Years Day 1st January 2024 CLOSED