Terms of Reference for Paddock Wood Youth Council
PWYC represents the views of young people in Paddock Wood, communicating with Paddock Wood Town Council about issues important to children and young people. PWYC works with the Town Council to provide facilities for children and young people.
Who Are We?
We are made up of representatives from young people’s groups and interested individuals in Paddock Wood. These groups typically include:
- Uniformed organisations
- Church groups
- Sports clubs and associations
Any young people between 11 and 18 years can become a member of PWYC. We would encourage you to attend a meeting to see how the Youth council operates.
PWYC is led by a member of PWYC, nominated and elected by the Youth Council. Elections take place annually in May.
The Leader works with a Town Councillor to agree the items on the agenda and leads the meeting. A Town Councillor provides support with meeting notes and other activities.
- To identify issues affecting young people around the town and work on finding solutions.
- To young people a voice on issues such as local facilities for young people, the community centre, neighbourhood plan and other developments.
- To make links with Kent Youth County Council to share ideas and make young people aware of youth activities across the county.
- Advertise the range of youth activities with Paddock Wood.
PWYC meets once a month on a Monday evening between 6 and 7 pm, with no meeting in August during the school summer holidays. Members are expected to attend all meetings during the year or identify a deputy when unable to attend.
Minutes and Agendas for previous meetings can be viewed HERE
Please visit and follow our Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/pwyouthcouncil