PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
MINUTES of the Planning and Environment Committee meeting held on Monday 6th of June 2022 at 7.45 pm at the Day Centre Commercial Road
PRESENT: Cllr C Williams, Cllr A Mackie, Cllr T Bisdee, Cllr D Sargison, Cllr D Kent,
IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs. C Reilly
PE1 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
PE2 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
- To elect the committee chairman for 2022/23
Cllr T Bisdee proposed and Cllr D Kent seconded that Cllr C Williams be chairman. There were no other nominations and Cllr Williams was duly elected.
- To elect the vice chairman for 2022/23
Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr A Mackie seconded that Cllr T Bisdee be vice chairman. There were no other nominations and Cllr Bisdee was duly elected.
PE3 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 3rd May 2022
These were approve and signed by the chairman.
PE4 PLANNING APPLICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
|Application||Address and proposal||Comments|
|a)22/01282/TPO||15 Mascalls Park Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6LW. T1 – Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris) – Fell and replace.
|It was noted that the Council had previously objected to felling of this tree. Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr A Mackie seconded that the Council object to the application to fell on the grounds that:
· There are inconsistencies in the arboriculturist’s report that does clearly demonstrate that the tree is diseased.
· This species of tree is iconic in and around this location and should not be lost.
· The applicant should plant a replacement of the same species nearby so that in 5-10 years when, in accordance with the arboriculturist’s report the tree will reach the end of it’s life the TPO can be transferred to the replacement.
|b)22/01041/SUB||Paddock Wood Memorial Recreation Ground Maidstone Road Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent. Submission of Details in relation to condition 7 (Foul Drainage). With application 20/03848/FULL
|The Council will not comment upon this application as they are the applicant.|
|c)22/01379/FUL||99 Maidstone Road Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6AE. Part two storey part single storey rear extension||Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr T Bisdee seconded that the Council have no objection subject to their being management of any additional surface water generated by the additional roof area. Unanimous.|