PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Road, Paddock Wood
Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF THE ESTATES COMMITTEE to be held on Monday 13th June 2022 in the Day Centre Commercial Road at 7.45 pm
ES1 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
ES2 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
- To elect the Committee Chairman for 2022/23
- To elect the Committee Vice Chairman for 2022/23
ES3 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 9th May 2022
ES4 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
- a) ES90 UKPN had started the work at Green Lane.
- b) ES92 the Estates Manager had discussed with Southern Water the planting of the trees and will update members at the meeting.
- c) C95 – Radio Fibre are unable to attend the meeting. Alternative dates are being discussed
- d) ES96 – the Full Council had approved the appointment of an agency worker for the summer months. This would be kept under review by the Committee with a view to a full-time member of staff being appointed for 2023.
- e) Drains to the rear of the Memorial Field – the additional drainage work which had previously been agreed by the committee has taken longer than expected due to the discovery of some buried asbestos and the need the exercise caution when digging around the tree roots.
ES5 WILDLIFE AREAS
At the Annual Town Meeting at local resident raised the issue of increasing the number of wild areas on town council land. Attached are the current areas which are left unmown. It is intended to plant a wildflower meadow at the end of Green Lane one the UKPN work is completed.
The resident has been invited to attend the meeting to discuss her thoughts with the committee.
ES6 JUBILEE BENCH
Paddock Wood Youth Council have asked if the Town Council would fund from its Jubilee Budget a commemorative bench. Details of the bench they would like are attached.
ES7 CEMETERY RULES
To review the Cemetery Rules
ES8 TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE FOR PLAYING FIELDS AND PAVILIONS
To review the revised terms and conditions (to follow)
ES9 TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE FOR THE DAY CENTRE
To review the revised terms and conditions. (to follow)
ES10 PADDOCK WOOD CARNIVAL & FUNFAIR
Shaws Fun Fair has requested permission to open to the public on Thursday 7th July 2022 for the annual fun fair.
ES11 ESTATES MANAGER’S REPORT
ES12 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will take place on Monday 11th July 2022.
Clerk to the Council
7th June 2022