PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
MINUTES of the Planning and Environment Committee meeting held on Monday 20th of June in the Day Centre, Commercial Road at 7 pm
PRESENT: Cllr C Williams, in the chair
Cllr A Mackie, Cllr D Kent, Cllr. D Sargison
IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs. C Reilly
APOLOGIES Cllr T Bisdee
PE8 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
There were none
PE9 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 6th June 2022. These were approved and signed by the Chairman.
PE10 PLANNING APPLICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
Application details can be found at twbcpa.midkent.gov.uk/online-applications/Paste the numerical part of the application number eg: 20/12345 into the search box and the application will come up
|Application||Address and proposal||Comments|
|22/01339/FULL||39 Newton Gardens Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6AJ. Removal of existing mono-pitch roof, addition of second storey extension with dual pitch roof||Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr D Sargison seconded that the Council have no objection to this application.
|22/01338/FULL||Land To West Of 21 Eastwell Close Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6UH. Erection of 4 bedroom detached house||Cllr D Sargison proposed and Cllr C Williams seconded that the Council object to the application on the following grounds
· Parts of the site are in flood zones 2 and 3 and the entire site is adjacent to the common watercourse Gravelley Ways that frequently over tops.
· Local residents already undertake culvert and stream clearance of this watercourse on a regular basis in addition to that carried out by the UMIDB in order to prevent flooding of properties (gardens and garages are frequently flooded)
· Building on the space will eliminated the space’s role in reducing surface water run off, as will removal of any of the trees. In the event dead trees are removed they should be replaced with similar species to maintain the absorption of surface water.
· The location of the proposed new dwelling on a bend is hazardous to vehicle and pedestrian safety.
· The Council suggests that the original developer left this area open in light of the flooding issues at this location.
· UMIDB should be consulted on this application as they require access to the watercourse and their bylaws require a specific distance between any development and the edge of their drainage assets.
· Chairman to discuss with a Borough Councillor possibility of ‘call in’
|22/01180/FULL||3 Blackberry Way Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6BP Extension of existing driveway and widening of driveway opening, including new bin store, drop kerb and relocation of existing lamp post.||Cllr D Sargison proposed and Cllr C Williams seconded that the Council have no objection subject to the driveway surface being permeable and not tarmac as described in the application. Changes in legislation permit
‘hard surfacing of more than 5 square metres of domestic front gardens only where the surface in question is rendered permeable.’
|22/01294/FULL||Funnel Piece Lucks Lane Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent. Application for the stationing of 2 additional static caravans and 2 Touring caravans. Erection of communal day room||Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr D Kent seconded that the Council object to the application on the following grounds:
· Areas of the site are in flood zone 3 and therefore unsuitable for development
· The location outside the LBD and away from the town is unsustainable in terms of transport as additional vehicle movements will be required to access services, schools and so on.
· The application breaches the conditions placed upon the permission granted for the existing development on the site.
· Negative impact upon the surroundings of the heritage buildings in the locality.
· TWBC’s Gypsy and Traveler Need Assessment prepared in support of the Draft Local Plan specifies a requirement for an additional 3 pitches, these have already been consented at Mike Oak Road so there is no further identified need to support this application.