PADDOCKWOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 19th July 2021 IN THE DAY CENTRE COMMERCIAL ROAD AT 7.45 PM
Residents do not need to attend a meeting to ask a question of the Council. Questions can be sent at any time to the Council offices using the details above.
QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS (15 minutes)
If any member of the public wishes to ask a question or make a statement in respect of the business on the agenda these should be submitted in advance. You can do this either in writing to or by telephoning the town council office 2 working days before the meeting. This will allow the relevant information to be gathered.
Where you are not able to submit questions in respect of business on the agenda 2 days in advance, in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Chairman, you may be permitted to ask the question at the meeting. In this event a written or oral response will be provided later.
(Please see the Protocol for the public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website.)
BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes)
Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
C37 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C38 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
(a) To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on Monday 21st of June 2021.
(b) To NOTE the minutes of the Planning & Environment Committee meeting held on 21st of June
(Draft minutes can be found on the Town Council website)
C39 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
- C24 At the polls on the 24th of June two Councillors were duly elected Andy Mackie for the East Ward and Trevor Bisdee for the West Ward.
- C27 Highways improvements Commercial Road. Draft response to the consultation has is provided for members consideration. See attached.
- C27 The results of the SurveyMonkey carried out regarding the HIP will be circulated to members before the next main P and E meeting.
- C30 Southern Water- no response has been received from them. Greg Clark MP has been advised of this.
- C32 According to BT it is not possible to install wifi in the Day Centre. The office in conjunction with the IT company that PWTC use is looking into other methods to stream meetings but this will take some time with the clerk on leave. Estates committee has been postponed to July 26th at 7.45 pm.
- C33 A complaint has been received about the fair. See attached email.
- C35 b) A letter has been sent to TWBC parking and the office will advise when a response is received.
C40 TO CONFIRM COMMITTEE AND OUTSIDE BODY MEMBERSHIPS
See attached draft.
(If any members have any questions regarding the following item, would they please contact the Clerk prior to the meeting.)
(a) To NOTE the receipts list vouchers
(b) To APPROVE the payments list voucher
C42 COMMUNITY CENTRE
- The Community Centre Board had met on the 7th of July 2021
- The Planning application is expected to be considered in August.
(All minutes can be found on the website)
C43 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
An update will be provided at the meeting.
C44 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
(a) Chairman’s meeting.
(b) Paddock Wood Business Association
(c) Bereko Committee
(e) Medway Valley Line
(f) Hop Pickers Line
(g) Youth Council
(h) Putlands Leisure Centre Liaison meeting
(i) Liaison Meeting with developers
(j) Strategic sites meeting
C45 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Monday 16th of August 2021.
Deputy Clerk to the Council