PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
MINUTES of the Planning Committee held on Monday 4th December 2023 at 7:45pm at the Day Centre Commercial Road
PRESENT: Cllr C Williams (in the chair)
D Kent, A Mackie, D Sargison
IN ATTENDANCE: E Small, Deputy Clerk
Cllr Thomas Mobbs
APOLOGIES: Cllr D Dray
Cllr N Maari
PE78 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: None
PE79 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 20th November
2023 at 7pm were APPROVED.
PE80 LOCAL PLAN
- Troy Hayes approved to represent PWTC at the Local Plan consultations. Large area of concern was the growth in future flooding risk. Some documents the members would like to focus on are the following:
- PS_042 River Medway and River Teise updated climate change Flood Zone modelling and mapping(PDF file) 1.8 MB
- PS_043 Paddock Wood Streams updated present day and climate change Flood Zone modelling and mapping(PDF file) 3.3 MB
- PS_044 Updated present day and climate change Flood Zone mapping(PDF file) 7.5 MB
- PS_045 Employment Land Provision at Paddock Wood(PDF file) 1.1 MB
- PS_046 Paddock Wood Strategic Sites Master Planning Addendum(PDF file) 1.6 MB
Members recommend a meeting to be organised with Troy Hayes, prior to the next consultation on Wednesday 13th December 2023.
- A reminder that once the Local Plan is adopted, PWTC will have six months to review and amend the Neighbourhood Plan. Reference Point 1.19. Members suggest PWTC ask Troy Hayes on advice with this and how the Local Plan needs to be taking this into account.
- Consider future Section 106 projects. Some examples:
- Update the skate park.
- Update all sports pavilions.
- New outdoor gym on Memorial Field
- Plant more trees
- Maintenance of Orchard Field in Foul Hurst Wood
- More wildflower areas
- Looking at purchasing or adding TPO’s to Bluebell Woods (small woodland area by Church Farm Development
PE81 PLANNING APPLICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
Application details can be found at twbcpa.midkent.gov.uk/online-applications. Add the numerical part of the application number e.g., 20/12345 into the search box and the application will come up.
|23 Utah Road Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6FX
|Proposed single storey rear extension with rooflight
|Cllr Williams proposed,
Cllr D Kent seconded:
Over intensive for the plot. As a new build property in a substantial development, it seems an unnecessary addition. If suitable, the developers would have included this within the original design.
|Longbrooks Oast Knowle Road Brenchley Tonbridge Kent TN12 7DJ
|Demolition of barn (which benefits from prior approval for conversion to four dwellings) and replacement with a single detached dwelling
|Cllr Williams proposed,
Cllr D Sargison seconded:
On grounds of lack of information. No documentation on how the surface water will be managed. No documentation on the sewage management. There is a mention of sustainable drainage but no information on what this is.
If the application is approved, members determined a condition should outline that the garages not be altered for residential use, in the future.