PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
MINUTES of the Planning and Environment Committee meeting held on Monday 1st November 2021.
PRESENT: Cllr C Williams, in the chair
Cllr R Moon, D Sargison Cllr D Kent , Cllr A Mackie
IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs C Reilly Deputy Clerk
APOLOGIES Cllr T Bisdee
PE56 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
PE57 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 18th October, 2021 These
PE58 CHAIRMANS REPORT
- PWTC have been informed of the Maidstone Borough Council Reg 19 consultation which runs from 29 Oct until 12th It was agreed that the link should be forwarded to all members for comment.
- Members discussed the continuing problem with construction lorries from the Church Farm site using Warrington Road in breach of the approved CEMP. Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr D Kent seconded that the Chairman should write to County Cllr Hamilton, Planning Enforcement, Kent Highways and Kent Police asking for enforcement of the planning condition. Unanimous
- Members have been unable to contact Borough Cllr Hill so the members and the resident who volunteered would continue to draft proposals within the KCC template for discussion by members.
PE59 TUNBRIDGE WELLS LOCAL PLAN
The PSDLP has not yet been submitted to the Planning Inspectorate but will be submitted in November. Members discussed the poor provision of Youth facilities in the town and the insufficiency of the road network for development to the east of the town.
PE60 PLANNING APPLICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
|Application||Address and proposal||Comments|
NOTE-Reconsultation, some comments already submitted.
|Church Farm And Land Church Road Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent. The construction of 60no. dwellings, associated infrastructure and landscaping (as an additional parcel of development to that approved under 14/504140/HYBRID)|| Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr D Sargison seconded that the Council maintain their previous objections to the additional 60 units and refer to the additional Network Rail comments.
|b)21/03297/FULL||Fairfield Old Hay Brenchley Tonbridge Kent TN12 7DG. Conversion of three existing outbuildings to residential use with associated amenity space, parking and biodiversity enhancements|| Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr D Kent seconded that the Council object to the application on the following grounds
· The location is unsustainable as future residents will be dependent upon the use of the private car due to the rural location.
· The area is subject to surface water flooding.
· The ecology report appears inaccurate as it mentions the presence of numbers of bats but has not identified roosting areas so cannot demonstrate that these are not in the buildings earmarked for redevelopment. Unanimous.