PADDOCKWOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCILTO BE HELD ON Monday 20TH November 2023 at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
Council members Cllr H Atkins, in the Chair
Cllrs R. Atkins, (TWBC) D. Dray, S. Hamilton (KCC), D. Kent, N. Maari, A. Mackie, T. Mobbs, R. Moon (TWBC) M. Munday, (TWBC)
- Sargison, J. Thompson, C. Williams.
Borough Cllr Nancy Warne along with borough officers will attend to discuss the future of the Public Toilets in Paddock Wood as requested by members at the previous meeting. The Clerk and Chairman will be meeting with Cllr Warne on the 16th November 2023.
Residents do not need to attend a meeting to ask a question of the Council. Questions can be sent at any time to the Council offices using the details above.
QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS (15 minutes)
If you wish to speak to the Council about any item on the agenda, please see the updated Protocol for the Public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website or can be obtained from the Town Council offices.
BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes)
Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
C84 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C85 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
- a) To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 16th October 2023.
- b) To NOTE minutes of the Personnel Meeting held on 30th October 2023
- c) To Note the minutes of the P & E Committee held on 16th October 2023 & 6th November 2023.
C86 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT COVERED ELSEWHERE
The first Councillor Surgery had taken place on the 28th October 2023, outside the library and a subsequent one took place on the 18th November outside of the Podmore building.
C87 PUBLIC TOILETS
To consider future of the public toilets in Paddock Wood following the discussion with Borough representatives.
- To APPROVE the payments list voucher nos:425 – 487
- To NOTE the receipts list voucher nos:185 – 191
- To consider the attached grant applications
- PW Litter pickers
- Hi Kent
- Appointment of Planning Consultant – the Planning and Finance Committee have recommended that the Council should re-appoint its consultant to respond to the proposed changes to the Local Plan that would go out for consultation in the new year. The Council has budgeted £5000 for Planning advice this year. The consultant has quoted £4600 for the work. This will include the following work:
1)reviewing the Committee Papers that TWBC publishes in November
2) listening to the November and December Committee Meetings; and
3) preparing a response to the consultation that TWBC states will take place for six weeks commencing after the 13th December Committee meeting.
Members are asked to approve the appointment.
C89 LOCAL PLAN UPDATE
To receive an update on the current position. Standing Orders may be suspended to allow the Borough Councillors to update members.
C90 GARDEN THERAPY
To receive an update from Cllr Munday.
C91 FOAL HURST WOOD 25TH ANNIVERSARY
Foal Hurst Wood was opened in May 1999 with a country fair. The Estates Committee has agreed that the event should be marked in some way.
Members are asked to consider how the anniversary should be marked. See attached suggestions.
To approve the following documents as recommended by the Personnel Committee.
- Scheme of Delegation
- Dignity at Work Policy
C93 CLIMATE CHANGE WORKING GROUP
Cllr Thompson will be attending a meeting of the U3A Climate Change Group on the 14th November 2023. The Clerk will be attending a Carbon Literacy Course on the 4th December 2023 arranged by KALC. This is an all-day online course if any members wish to attend.
C94 STANDING ORDERS
C95 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
To receive updates from representatives
(a) Chairman’s meeting.
(b) Paddock Wood Business Association
(c) Bereko Committee
(d) KALC –
(e) Medway Valley Line
(f) Hop Pickers Line
(g) Youth Council
(h) Putlands Leisure Centre – meeting scheduled for 13th December 2023
(i) Highway Improvement Plan
(k) Reports from meetings which members have attended on behalf of the Town Council.
C96 PADDOCK WOOD COMMUNITY CENTRE
- The lease between PWTC and PWCCO Ltd have now been exchanged, as has the lease between PWCCO Ltd and the nursery operator.
- To NOTE the directors report – if available.
- Memorial Car Park – the Town Council has been approached by the Athletics Club seeking permission to use the car park for the ½ marathon in April 2024. The Club would provide marshals for the event. Members are asked to permit the use of the car park for the event.
Under section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 the following items may be exempt from the press and public.
- Finances & FM contract for the community centre
To consider the attached report.
C97 STAFF SALARIES
- To APPROVE the recommendation from the Personnel Committee for the RFO’s salary.
- To NOTE the 2023/24 salary increases which have just been approved by the National Joint Council. These will be back dated to the 1st April 2023.
C98 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will take place on Monday 18th December 2023 at 7.45 in the Day Centre.
CLERK TO THE COUNCIL
14th November 2023