PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON Monday 15 August 2022 at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
Residents do not need to attend a meeting to ask a question of the Council. Questions can be sent at any time to the Council offices using the details above.
QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS (15 minutes)
If you wish to speak to the Council about any item on the agenda, please see the updated Protocol for the Public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website or can be obtained from the Town Council offices.
BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes)
Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
APOLOGIES: Cllr D Sargison
C42 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C43 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
Copies of draft minutes can be found on the Town Council website.
(a) To APPROVE the minutes from the meeting held on 18 July 2022
(b) To NOTE the minutes from the Planning & Environment Committee meeting held on 18 July 2022 & 1st August.
(c) To NOTE the minutes from the Estates Committee held on 25 July 2022
C44 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT INCLUDED ELSEWHERE ON THE AGENDA
C45 Policies and Procedures
(a) Climate Change and Emergency Working Group: To approve Terms of Reference (Previously circulated)
(b) Metal Detecting Policy: To approve (Previously circulated)
(c) Day Centre Terms and Conditions – to APPROVE the updated version
C46 TOWN MEETING
To consider any resolutions which were passed at the town meeting, and to consider the Town Council’s response to the borough councils’ proposals to remove the 1 hour free parking in the Commercial Road Car Parks.
C47 ELECTORAL REVIEW
There will be briefings on the proposed LGBCE Electoral Review – Warding Consultation on the 12th and 18th August via Zoom. Details have previously been sent to members. Closing date for comment is 10th October 2022. Following the briefings, it is suggested that members meet via Zoom to discuss the proposals and then approve the Council’s response at the meeting due to be held on the 19th September 2022. Possible dates will be available at the meeting.
C48 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN:
The final version was submitted to TWBC for examination on the 19th July 2022. The Chairman was subsequently advised that the documents had been corrupted, and the plan was re-submitted on the 1st August. An update from TWBC as to when the examination will commence is awaited.
- To Note the attached receipt voucher nos: 124 – 127
- To APPROVE the payment voucher nos: 359 – 248
- Funding Application: To consider request for funding from Baby Umbrella who are seeking a grant of £500 (Attached)
- E-van – to consider the recommendation from the Estates Committee.
That the Council lease a Citroen E van £512.12 per month for 4 years. With a final payment of £11,394 to purchase the van. This final payment was optional and the council if it so wished could return the van at the end of the 4-year period.
- Cemetery Security – to consider the recommendation from the Estates Committee
That the Council accepts the quote for £6,685 to dig a ditch along the boundary of the Cemetery to try to prevent further incursions. This figure has not been allowed for in the 2022/23 budget.
C50 LOCAL PLAN UPDATE: To receive any new information
C51 FOR INFORMATION
- The Council has been advised that a new KCC community warden, Fiona Brophy will be starting work shortly in Paddock Wood.
- Paddock Wood has a new PCSO, Josh Vincent. PCSO Vincent was previously based in Kings Hill.
The clerk has met with both the new PCSO and Community Warden and offered any assistance they may require.
- Hosepipe ban – members are advised that the Estates Team will be using grey water from the tank under the work shops to water the town centre hanging baskets. It is estimated that there is sufficient water for approximately 4 – 5 weeks. Watering of the brick planters will be reduced and the local shops asked if they can put any grey water they have onto the planters to help prolong their flowering.
C52 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
(a) Chairman’s meeting.
(b) Paddock Wood Business Association
(c) Bereko Committee
(e) Medway Valley Line
(f) Hop Pickers Line
(g) Youth Council
(h) Putlands Leisure Centre
(i) Royal British Legion
C53 COMMUNITY CENTRE
- To receive an update on the current progress
Under section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 the following item is exempt from the press and public due to legal privilege & commercial confidentiality.
- b) To consider the attached report (to follow)
C54 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: To confirm as Monday 19 September 2022, at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road
Clerk to the Council
9th August 2022