Executive Director, Paddock Wood Community Centre Operations Ltd
This role is being advertised for 1 day/week over 6 months on a voluntary basis with a view to the role being paid as activity and income in the centre increases.
Paddock Wood Town Council has delivered their project to build a sustainable Community Centre, for use by residents of the town and surrounding areas. A Management Company has been established and the centre is currently being fitted out to provide a venue for community activities, with a café, small meeting room and three large halls which can be combined to provide a hall seating roughly 300 people. In addition, there is a modern nursery building attached which will be leased and managed separately to the halls.
This project has is being delivered at a time when the population is growing due to significant developments to the south and east of the Paddock Wood. Our Vision is to provide a vibrant centre providing activities and facilities for all parts of the community and we are seeking someone to lead the ongoing vision and strategy for the centre.
The Executive Director will work with the Community Centre Manager and non-executive directors to develop strategic aims and deliver these to create a positive culture within the building. We are looking for someone who has had a career in one or more of the following:
- Business & finance
- Facilities development and management
and would like to give something back to the community in the initial stages of the development of the centre. It is proposed that the post holder will lead the development of an operational team as business grows, to maximise opening hours and use of the facilities.
The broad objectives for this role include
- Promoting the organisation’s mission and “voice” within the community and local business sector
- Creating a robust business plan to ensure that activity within the centre is increased to provide a successful and vibrant community hub.
- Working with a team of Non-Executive Directors and the Centre Manager, build an effective team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Develop a governance plan to ensure that building maintenance and health and safety policy promotes the safety of all centre users and staff.
For further information, please contact:
Meryl Flashman on 01892 832230
Or Nichola Reay, Town Clerk on 01892 837373.
Please submit a CV and letter of application. Closing date Friday 19th May