Town Council Meetings
The legislation that allowed virtual meetings ended on the 7th May 2021, so the Town Council must now hold all meeting in person. The Day Centre has limited capacity, and the maximum number of people that can safely be accommodated is 18, including councillors and staff.
At present Covid 19 restrictions still apply, and Councillors and public are asked to observe the following precautions.
- Facemasks to be worn (unless exempt) when entering the building. They may be removed once seated. Masks must be put back on when leaving the meeting.
- Hand sanitiser to be used on arrival & departure from the Day Centre.
- Please check in using the QR code or leave your name and address at the door.
- Council Members are asked to enter using the side (fire exit) door. Members of the public will be asked to use the main entrance.
- Doors and windows will be kept open during the meeting.
- Please bring your own water if you require it – the kitchen is closed.
- Tables and chairs will be spaced according to government guidelines. Please do not move your chair.
- If too many members of the public turn up volunteers will be asked to leave. If there are no volunteers the meeting will have to be closed.
- Councillors and residents are asked to arrive promptly, allowing time to be seated, and to leave immediately the meeting finishes. Please do not hang around chatting.
- One Councillor is asked to remain behind to assist the clerk with cleaning and returning the tables to the correct positions.
If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms do not attend the meeting
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Clerk to the Council
1st June 2021.