Kent Community Foundation is asking the people of Kent and Medway to help them save lives this winter.
Each year there are around 1600 avoidable winter deaths across the county. We want your help to reduce this number and are asking the people of Kent to check on their elderly neighbours during the colder months when they are most at risk.
Knock & Check is simple – take a look at the small actions which will make a difference within your community , as well as the details of services which can offer a lifeline to the more elderly and isolated
Small actions could make a big difference:
- Knock on the door to say ‘hello’
- Offer to pick up some food or add something to your online shopping
- Drop off a slice of cake
- Plate up an extra meal
- Share books or magazines
- Volunteer for one of our fantastic organisations in Kent and Medway
- Share details of supporting services
Remember to follow Government guidelines on social distancing to keep communities safe from COVID-19.
- Keep a 2m distance, staying outdoors at all times
- Wash your hands before and after a visit
- Wear a face mask
For further information please visit the website at https://kentcf.org.uk/knockandcheck