PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 06 SEPTEMBER 2021 AT 7.45 P.M.
PRESENT: Cllr C Williams, in the chair
Cllrs D Sargison, M Ridger, R Moon, T Bisdee & D Kent
IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs. C Reilly (Deputy Clerk)
APOLOGIES: Cllr A Mackie
PE31 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: The following interests were declared
PE31.1 Cllr. M. Ridger declared an interest in item PE 33e
PE31.2 Cllrs R. Moon and T. Bisdee declared interests in item PE33g
PE32 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: The minutes of the meeting held on 21 June 2021 were approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record of those proceedings.
PE33 PLANNING APPLICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
RESOLVED: To comment as follows to TWBC
|Application||Address and proposal||Comments|
|a)21/02501/FULL||15 Church Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6HD,
Demolition of existing dwelling, erection of 7 no. 2 bedroom apartments, 1 no. 3 bed detached dwelling, and 1 no. 4 bed detached dwelling, together with associated access, car parking and landscaping (Part Retrospective)
|Cllr R Moon proposed and Cllr M Ridger seconded that the Council object to the application referring to their 3 detailed objections to the original application 19/00840 and on the grounds of:
· Insufficient parking and as per comments from KCC Highways
· No FRA submitted considering the revisions to the original plan
· No information regarding SUDS provision considering the revisions to the original plan
· Boundary onto Church Road appeared to have been moved forward onto land owned by KCC and TWBC.
· PWTC requested a stop order be put in place until those matters had been resolved to the satisfaction of KCC/EA and other statutory consultees.
|b)21/02659/FULL||Land At Mascalls Farm. Badsell Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent
Variation of Condition 1 (Approved Plans) of 19/02533/FULL – Removal of trees and replace with 14 new trees
|Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr M Ridger seconded that the Council object to this revision of plans on the grounds that:
· The trees to be removed were mature specimens and would be replaced by saplings.
· The mature trees were an integral natural feature of the landscape along the footpath.
· The replacement trees would be removed when the realignment of Badsell Road took place.
· There was no comment from the Tree Officer as required by the comment submitted by the Conservation officer
|c)21/02636/ADV||Unit W. Paddock Wood Distribution Centre. Transfesa Road. Paddock Wood. Tonbridge. Kent. TN12 6UU.
Advertisement: 3x externally illuminated building signs and 1x illuminated projecting sign
|Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr M Ridger seconded that the Council had no objection to the application.
|d)21/02623/FULL||5 Concord Close, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6UJ.
Erection of single storey front extension; change flat roof on kitchen extension to a pitched roof with rooflights; changes and alterations to front door and fenestration
| Cllr D Sargison proposed and Cllr M Ridger seconded that the Council had no objection to the application subject to provision being made to deal with additional surface water run off.
|e)21/02666/OUT||66 Church Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6HF
Outline (All Matters Reserved) – Demolition of detached garage; erection of 1no. dwelling; new access track and parking; landscaping.
|Cllr R Moon proposed, and Cllr C Williams proposed that the Council object to the application on the grounds that
· It was an over intensive development of the site
· The access on the bend was hazardous
· There was no access to the bungalow for refuse vehicles or emergency services.
5 in favour 1 abstention carried.
|f)21/02815/OUT||Land Adjacent to Elm Tree, Mile Oak Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent
Outline (Access not reserved) – Erection of 5 no dwelling houses comprising 2 no three-bedroom units and 3 no two-bedroom units, including access
|Cllr R Moon proposed and Cllr M Ridger seconded that the Council object on the following grounds
· The development was outside the limits to built development and adversely affected the rural landscape and caused harm to the character of the surrounding countryside.
· The location was unsustainable with no footway or street lighting along the route to Paddock Wood on a fast road with national speed limit applying. Residents would therefore be dependent on a private car to access local services.
· The form of development proposed was suburban in character and conflicted with the rural character of other properties in this area.
· The egress opposite the junction of Pearsons green road and adjacent to Church Road was dangerous due to poor visibility and speed of vehicles using Queen Street.
· The area was subject to frequent surface water flooding including in residential properties in nearby Catts Place. A FRA should therefore be requested and SUDS should be required as a condition of any permission if granted.
|g)21/02801/FULL||57 Allington Road, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6AP. Upgrade/replacement of the single storey rear existing conservatory to create a garden room; existing ground floor rear window and door to be replaced with a window and removal of the rear chimney||Cllr C Williams proposed, and Cllr D Kent seconded that the Council had no objection to the application.
4 in favour 2 abstention. Carried.
|h) 21/02661/FULL||44 Maidstone Road, Paddock Wood,
Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6BT
Demolition of existing lean to and erection of first floor side extension above existing garage
|Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr M Ridger seconded that the Council had no objection subject to consideration of the trees on the adjacent property and the construction respecting the property boundary.