PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
MINUTES of the Planning and Environment Committee meeting held on Monday 21st of March 2022 in The Winter Hall, St Andrews Church Maidstone Road at 7 pm
PRESENT: Cllr C Williams, in the chair
Cllr R Moon, D Sargison, Cllr A Mackie, Cllr D Kent
IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs C Reilly
APOLOGIES , Cllr T Bisdee , Cllr M Ridger.
PE102 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
PE103 APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 7th March 2022
These were approved and signed by the Chairman.
P104 PLANNING APPLICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
|Application||Address and proposal||Comments|
|a) 22/00582/||Waitrose Church Road Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6ER. Variation of Condition 10 (Vehicles in Service Yard) of 17/02852/FULL (Variation of Condition 18 (Trading hours) of planning permission 89/0230/FUL (Supermarket with associated parking) – Change of trading hours from 08:00 to 21:00 to 07:30 to 21:00 on Monday to Saturdays) – Extend the permitted delivery hours on Sundays as follows: Home delivery eCommerce deliveries to be extended by an additional six hours on a Sunday up to 22:00 hours; Waitrose HGV deliveries to be extended by an additional four hours on a Sunday up to 20:00 hours.||Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr A Mackie seconded that :
· The Council object to the variation of Condition 10 (Vehicles in service yard) due to the detrimental impact upon the residential amenity of nearby residents of additional noise and traffic movements.
· The Council have no objection to the variation of Condition 18 (trading hours)
4 in favour 1 against. Carried.
|b) 22/00486||Mile Oak Stables Mile Oak Road Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6NG. Installation of twin-track access across existing paddock to serve lawful camping and caravanning club site. Installation of parking / turning areas using permeable road planings; installation of foul water and grey water sealed tanks||Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr D Kent seconded that the Council object to this application on the following grounds
· It is outside the Limits to Built Development
· Any additional hard standing will create further surface water flooding to the adjacent residential properties in Catts Place that are already subject to flooding. (Flood record to be submitted with comments)
· Planning history indicates that there is excessive incremental development on the site the cumulative effects of which are not being properly considered.
· Visibility splays are insufficient for additional traffic movements
· The site is not an accredited Caravaning Site and no planning permission has been applied for or granted for a campsite.
|c) 22/00608/||28 Clover Way Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent TN12 6BQ. Erection of single storey rear extension||Cllr D Sargison proposed and Cllr C Williams seconded that the Council have no objection to this application subject to provision being made for any additional surface water. Unanimous.|
|d) 22/00479||Stace House Maidstone Road Paddock Wood Tonbridge Kent, TN12 6EA. Erection of part single storey, part two storey rear extension||Cllr C Williams proposed and Cllr D Sargison seconded that the Council object on the following grounds
· The proposal will result in a building overly dominant on the surrounding dwellings which will also be overlooked.
· The area is already subject to significant problems with surface water flooding which has been exacerbated by recent infill developments, hard landscaping and property extensions in the immediate area.