PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrew’s Road,
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE PERSONNEL COMMITTEE held on Wednesday 7th June 2023 at The Day Centre, Commercial Road at 7 pm
PRESENT: Cllr C Williams in the Chair
Cllr N Maari, R. Moon,
IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs N Reay, Clerk
APOLOGY: Cllr M Munday
PER1 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
PER2 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
- Cllr Moon proposed, Cllr Maari seconded.
That Cllr Williams should be elected Chairman of the Committee
Cllr Williams proposed, Cllr Moon seconded:
Cllr Maari should be elected Vice Chairman of the Committee
PER3 APPOINTMENT OF DEPUTY CLERK
- a) Members reviewed the amended job description and agreed the hours should remain at 20 hours and that the pay scale should be between 27 – 33 depending on experience.
- b) Members reviewed the person specification and agree to add the following:
Essential skills – problem solving.
Desirable experience – Knowledge of the NPPF & Cemetery management qualification.
- c) It was agreed that the job should be advertised as follows:
Town Council’s own website, social media & noticeboards
Indeed, Job website
- d) The following timetable was agreed:
Adverts would be placed week commencing 19th June
Closing date for application 7th July
Interviews 19th July
Interview panel would be Cllrs Williams and Maari and the Town Clerk
PER4 PAY RISES 23/24
Salary increases for the year 2023/24 have not yet been agreed. Attached are the most recent statements from the Society of Council Clerk’s (SLCC).
The minimum wage increased to £10.42 on the 1st April 2023. All Paddock Wood Town Council staff are paid above the minimum wage.
PER5 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
To be agreed.
The meeting closed at 7.40 pm.