PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON Monday November 21st 2022 at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
Residents do not need to attend a meeting to ask a question of the Council. Questions can be sent at any time to the Council offices using the details above.
QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS (15 minutes)
If you wish to speak to the Council about any item on the agenda, please see the updated Protocol for the Public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website or can be obtained from the Town Council offices.
BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes)
Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
APOLOGIES: Cllrs D Sargison, T Bisdee
C78 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C79 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
Copies of draft minutes can be found on the Town Council website.
(a) To APPROVE the minutes from the meeting held on 17th October 2022 and of the meeting held on the 14th of November.
(b) To NOTE the minutes from the Planning & Environment Committee meeting held on 7th of November 2022
C80 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT INCLUDED ELSEWHERE ON THE AGENDA
C63 – Car Parking At the last meeting it was resolved that the Clerk write to the Borough Council regarding car parking. The Chairman had a response from the leader of the Council who asked for the matter to be resolved at officer level. The Chairman has replied that this is not currently possible and it has been agreed that a meeting will be arranged at Councillor level.
C75 Highways Improvement Plan
Cllr Atkins has undertaken to lead on the next HIP for next year. We cannot submit another HIP until 12 months after the last one which was submitted In March this year .
As this matter was previously considered to come under the terms of reference of Planning and Environment a small working party with other councillors and/or some residents will be set up. County Cllr Hamilton has asked to be kept advised of progress.
C81 ELECTORAL CONSULTATION.
The chairman will issue comments to members for consideration.
- a) To APPROVE the attached payments list voucher as supplied at or before the meeting
- b) To NOTE the attached receipts list as supplied at or before the meeting.
C83 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The consultation has now closed. TWBC have started the process to appoint an examiner. The examination is expected to take place in late December/early January
C84 The Chairman attended a meeting with St Andrews Church and TWBC to support putting in a bid to the Hong Kong British Nationals Overseas Programme for
support of new Paddock Wood Hong Kong residents.
C85 Rockin in the Rec.
The Lions have requested permission for the event to carrying on till 22.00 if required as opposed to 21.30 now that it is on a Saturday evening.
C86 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
(a) Chairman’s meeting. No meetings have taken place.
(b) Paddock Wood Business Association. No meetings have taken place.
(c) Bereko Committee
(d) KALC – AGM will take place on the 19th November 2022 and the Chairman will attend
(e) Medway Valley Line
(f) Hop Pickers Line
(g) Youth Council
(h) Putlands Leisure Centre – meeting will take place on 12 October 2022
(i) Royal British Legion – the Remembrance Parade was successful and thanks are extended to the volunteers who assisted with the road closures that enabled the event to go ahead.
C87 COMMUNITY CENTRE
- Following community consultation and a public vote the name Paddock Wood Community Centre has been confirmed.
- Members to decide if they wish a time capsule to be buried on site.
- Members to consider whether to pass a resolution under Section 100(A) (4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to exclude the public from the remainder of the meeting on the grounds that consideration of the items of business is likely to involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A, Access to Information: Exempt Information to the Act (as amended).
- Proposal of short term loan.
- The next Board meeting is due to take place on the 23rd of November. The Town Clerk is resigning as a director.
- Resolution to approve the Draft Lease for the building between PWTC and the Board and it’s successor CLBG. Lease is subject to small final amendments from the KC to be approved by the Board in consultation with the Deputy Town Clerk.
C88 DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
The next meeting will take place on Monday 19th of December 2022, at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road.
Deputy Clerk to the Council
15th of November,2022