PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 21st February 2022 IN THE WINTER HALL, ST ANDREWS CHURCH, MAIDSTONE ROAD AT 7.45 PM
Residents do not need to attend a meeting to ask a question of the Council. Questions can be sent at any time to the Council offices using the details above.
QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS (15 minutes)
If any member of the public wishes to ask a question or make a statement in respect of the business on the agenda these should be submitted in advance. You can do this either in writing to or by telephoning the town council office two working days before the meeting. This will allow the relevant information to be gathered.
Where you are not able to submit questions in respect of business on the agenda 2 days in advance, in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Chairman, you may be permitted to ask the question at the meeting. In this event a written or oral response will be provided later.
(Please see the Protocol for the public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website.)
BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes)
Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
C92 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C93 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
(a) To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on the 17th January 2022 & 24th January 2022.
(b) To NOTE the minutes of the PPP meetings held on the 24th January & 31st January 2022.
(c) To NOTE the Personnel Minutes from the Meeting held on the 27th January 2022.
(d) To NOTE the minutes of the Planning & Environment Committee meetings held on the 17th January 2022 & 7th February 2022.
C94 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
- a) ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
Only premises available is the primary school hall. A booking has been made for Wednesday 11th May 2022.
- b) FUTURE COUNCIL MEETINGS
The Winter Hall has been booked for February & March council meetings, but it is not available in April. Members are asked to consider whether they wish to revert to the Day Centre from April onwards.
If any member has any queries regarding the financial transactions, would they please contact the office prior to the meeting.
- a) To APPROVE the payments list. Voucher nos: 710 – 772
- b) To NOTE the receipts list 224 – 237
- c) To consider grant request from the PW And District Lions
- d) To consider the grant request from 5th Paddock Wood Guides
C96 COMMUNITY CENTRE
- a) To consider the attached report regarding the setting up of the Trust.
- b) A pre contract meeting will be held on 18th February and will be attended by Cllr Ridger and the Clerk. A verbal update will be given at the meeting.
C97 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
- a) Town Council is asked to approve the draft plan as fit for consultation (members are not being asked if they agree with the contents.) Copy previously circulated to members.
- b) As part of the publicity campaign for the consultation it is proposed to deliver a leaflet to residents. Members are asked to assist with the delivery.
C98 ELECTORAL REVIEW
Cllrs Flashman & Moon attended the briefing on the electoral review and will update members at the meeting. Full details of the review can be found using the following link.
C99 JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS
The Town Council has allocated £10k for Platinum Jubilee Celebrations. It has also funded trees which have been planted at Putlands by the Council’s Estates Staff, as part of the Queens’s Green Canopy project. Details and photographs will be loaded on the official website https://queensgreencanopy.org/ Further planting is planned in the next financial year.
The Youth Council are planning to hold a picnic with live music, and they are seeking support from other groups to assist with their plans.
The Estates Committee have ordered Jubilee Coloured planters for the summer.
C100 LOCAL PLAN
The timetable for the local plan inquiry is as follows
Start Date – 1st March 2022
Paddock Wood and Capel – 1st April 2022
The Town Council has engaged a consultant to represent Paddock Wood at the Inquiry.
C101 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- a) The APPROVE the revised complaints procedure – The PPP Committee requested that this document be referred to full council for Approval.
- b) To note the revised public participation document
- c) To review the current numbers allowed in the Day Centre. At its meeting on the 31st January the PPP Committee maintained the current maximum of 18 – with a request that it should be reviewed at the next Council meeting.
C102 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
- a) Chairman’s meeting.
(b) Paddock Wood Business Association
(c) Bereko Committee
(e) Medway Valley Line
(f) Hop Pickers Line
(g) Youth Council
(h) Putlands Leisure Centre Liaison meeting
(i) Liaison Meeting with developers
(j) Strategic Sites Meeting & Future Development Plans
(k) Royal British Legion
C103 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on the 21st March 2022 in the Winter Hall St Andrews Church.
Clerk to the Council
15th February 2022.