PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373 www.paddockwood-tc.gov.uk
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON Monday 19 December at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
Residents do not need to attend a meeting to ask a question of the Council. Questions can be sent at any time to the Council offices using the details above.
C89 PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes) If you wish to speak to the Council about any item on the agenda, please see the updated Protocol for the Public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website or can be obtained from the Town Council offices.
C90 BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes) Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
C91 APOLOGIES: To consider and approve any apologies received and the reasons
C92 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST / LOBBYING
C93 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING. Copies of draft minutes can be found on the Town Council website.
- To APPROVE the minutes from the meeting held on 21 November 2022 (Attached)
- To NOTE the minutes from the Community Centre board meeting held on 23 November 2022 (Attached)
- To NOTE the minutes from the Planning & Environment Committee meeting held on 05 December 2022 (To follow)
- To NOTE the minutes from the meeting of the Estates Committee held on 12 December 2022 (To follow)
- To NOTE the minutes from the meeting of the Finance Committee held on 12 December 2022 (To follow)
C94 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES NOT INCLUDED ELSEWHERE ON THE AGENDA
- The meeting about parking was rescheduled by TWBC from 07 to 14 December
- Warm Spaces Update
- The Chairman requested that the letter submitted to Jane Clarke re the electoral consultation be read out at the full council meeting to discuss the matter
- Payments: To APPROVE the payments list voucher as supplied at or before the meeting (To follow)
- Receipts: To NOTE the receipts list as supplied at or before the meeting. (To follow)
- Bank reconciliation: To NOTE the bank reconciliation as at 30 November 2022 (Previously circulated)
- Bank Statement: To NOTE the bank statement as at 30 November 2022 (Previously circulated)
- Van Acquisition: To consider the Town Council looking at a more cost -effective solution for acquiring a vehicle, i.e. lease or purchase options
C96 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN: TWBC has appointed Andrew Ashcroft as the independent examiner of the Paddock Wood draft Neighbourhood Plan. As part of the process, he was scheduled to visit Paddock Wood unaccompanied w/c 12 December to understand some of the issues raised by the documentation and the representations made as part of the formal consultation. In early 2023 a series of questions will be sent to the Town Council before the examiner decides whether a hearing is required.
C97 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
- Chairman’s meeting with TWBC took place on 6th December 2022. Items discussed included the draft budget, local plan update, electoral arrangements, and the cost of living support hub
- Paddock Wood Business Association – main issues discussed were parking, the draft website and possible future events.
- Bereko Committee
- KALC area committee met on 29 November. Main items discussed were the electoral review and items for inclusion in the agenda for the Chairmans meeting
- Medway Valley Line
- Hop Pickers Line
- Youth Council
- Putlands Leisure Centre – no meeting
- Royal British Legion
- Members who attended any other meeting on behalf of PWTC will be invited to report
C98 Wesley Centre, Commercial Road: To consider correspondence received
C99.1 PADDOCK WOOD COMMUNITY CENTRE: To receive new information and to consider and agree any actions.
- Appointment of Community Centre Manager
Members to consider whether to pass a resolution under Section 100(A) (4) of the Local Government Act 1972 to exclude the public from the remainder of the meeting on the grounds that consideration of the items of business is likely to involve the disclosure of exempt information as defined in Paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A, Access to Information: Exempt Information to the Act (as amended).
C99.2 PADDOCK WOOD COMMUNITY CENTRE: To receive new information and to consider and agree actions requiring a decision including
- Leases: Questions relating to the lease are required prior to the meeting so that answers can be obtained
C100 STAFFING ISSUES: To receive information
C101 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: To confirm as Monday 16 January 2023 at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road
Locum Clerk to the Council
13 December 2022