PADDOCKWOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON Monday 18th July 2022 at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
Residents do not need to attend a meeting to ask a question of the Council. Questions can be sent at any time to the Council offices using the details above.
QUESTIONS FROM RESIDENTS (15 minutes)
If you wish to speak to the Council about any item on the agenda, please see the updated Protocol for the Public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website or can be obtained from the Town Council offices.
BOROUGH & COUNTY COUNCILLORS UPDATE (10 minutes)
Town Councillors should submit questions a week in advance, if possible, to the Borough/County Councillor concerned (copied to the Town Clerk).
C29 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C30 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
(a) To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on Monday 20th June 2022 (Attached)
(b) To NOTE the minutes of the Planning Environment Committee meeting held on the 20th June 2022 (Attached)
(c) To NOTE the minutes of the meeting of the Governance Committee held on the 11th July 2022. (Attached)
C31 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
There were no matters arising from the previous minutes.
Under section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 the following item is exempt from the press and public due to legal privilege & commercial confidentiality.
C32 COMMUNITY CENTRE: To consider and APPROVE the following matters:
- The appointment of 4 caretaker directors for the proposed new company Paddock Wood Community Centre Operations Limited (Newco)
- To approve that once 4 replacement directors have been appointed by the Council that the caretaker directors will resign.
- That Minerva be authorised to establish the Newco and it be approved that they set up Newco and put suitable arrangements in place to enable the Newco to be able to commence trading with effect from a date to be agreed.
- That the 4 directors shall be authorised to take such steps as they consider reasonable and or as Minerva / Elysian Associations advise should be taken
C33 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
- To approve that Troy Planning can submit the documentation to TWBC
- To consider how to proceed with the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group given that there are no further actions for the Steering Group to take and that any future actions are the responsibility of PWTC.
C34 SPORT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITY SURVEY
To consider the council’s response to the survey which can be found using the following link. https://talkingpointtunbridgewells.uk.engagementhq.com/embeds/projects/161 40/survey-tools/15495
(a) To Note the receipt voucher nos: 102 – 123 (Attached)
(b) To APPROVE the payment voucher nos: 268 – 358 (Attached)
C36 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
Cllr Hamilton has asked to stand down from the Finance Committee. Members are asked to APPROVE amendment.
C37 FIVE YEAR PLAN: To consider and APPROVE (Attached)
C38 LOCAL PLAN UPDATE: To receive any new information
C39 TUNBRIDGE WELLS BOROUGH COUNCIL
- Proposed installation of Parking Charges: To receive information and to consider PWTC response
- The TWBC cabinet is holding its monthly meetings in the parishes rather than always in the Town Hall. The Town Council is asked if it wishes to invite the TWBC Cabinet to meet in Paddock Wood.
C40 REPORTS FROM REPRESENTATIVES
(a) Chairman’s meeting.
(b) Paddock Wood Business Association
(c) Bereko Committee
(e) Medway Valley Line
(f) Hop Pickers Line
(g) Youth Council
(h) Putlands Leisure Centre
(i) Royal British Legion
C41 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: To confirm as Monday 15th August, at 7.45 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road
Locum Clerk to the Council
11 July 2022