PADDOCKWOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON Monday 12TH JUNE 2023 at 6.30 pm in The Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
COUNCIL MEMBERS: Cllr H Atkins, in the Chair Cllrs R Atkins, D. Kent, N Maari, A. Mackie, T. Mobbs, R. Moon, M. Munday, D. Sargison, J. Thompson, C. Williams
C21 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C22 PADDOCK WOOD COMMUNITY CENTRE
The Directors of Paddock Wood Community Centre Operations Ltd have been invited to attend the meeting and discuss the following with Town Council members.
Under section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 the following items may be exempt from the press and public due to legal privilege & commercial confidentiality.
- a) Leases – update on the current position and reasons for any delay
- b) Budget/Business plan so far
The Public will be re-admitted for the following items:
- c) Communication between the Council and PWCCO Ltd and with the general public. Two Town Council members have been appointed to liaise with PWCCO. The Council and directors need to consider how this will work in practice.
- d) Permanent Directors – at its meeting in May the town council agreed to extend the position of the caretaker directors for a further 6 months. Members need to discuss with the directors the process of appointing full-time directors.
- e) Prices for the hire of premises and facilities – to advise members on the pricing structure.
- f) Signage and logo – to update members on the current position.
- g) VAT- to advise on the current position
- h) Opening event plans
C23 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will take place on Monday 19th June 2023.
CLLR HENRY ATKINS
Chairman of the Council
2nd June 2023