PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Field, St Andrews Road
Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 29th November 2021 in THE WINTER HALL,
ST ANDREWS CHURCH, MAIDSTONE ROAD AT 7 PM.
If any member of the public wishes to ask a question or make a statement in respect of the business on the agenda these should be submitted in advance. You can do this either in writing to or by telephoning the town council office 2 working days before the meeting.
Where you are not able to submit questions in respect of business on the agenda 2 days in advance, in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Chairman, you may be permitted to ask the question at the meeting. In this event a written or oral response will be provided later.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be allowed.
(Please see the Protocol for the public attending Town Council and Committee meetings, which can be found on the website.)
C77 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
C78 Members are asked to approve the following:
Representatives from Baxall Design Team and the Project Managers should be allowed them to speak during the meeting and to remain for all relevant agenda items.
C79 COMMUNITY CENTRE
The planning decision notice for the community centre was issued by TWBC on 19th October 2021.
The Town Council also has borrowing permission for a loan of £1.9 m. The contract to build the community centre now needs to be placed. The final costs are detailed under C80. The board reviewed the paperwork at the meeting on 18th November 2021.
The following papers have been circulated to members both in electronic and paper format.
Risk and Opportunities Register – PADDOCK WOOD COMMUNITY CENTRE
Full Business Case
Full plans for the project can be found on the Town Council website
Representatives from Baxalls and the Project Manager will be present to answer questions.
Under section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 the following item is exempt from the press and public due to commercial confidentiality.
All financial information has been circulated to members for consideration.
C81 DECISION REQUIRED
- That the Council agree to enter into contract with Baxall for the delivery of the Community Centre
- That the Council agree to the creation of the charitable organisation to manage the facility and that the first long lease of the facility will be to this charitable entity in order to mitigate VAT costs associated with the build. The final memorandum and articles of the charitable body and the lease to come back to the town council for final approval.
- That the Council delegate authority to the RFO & the Town Clerk in consultation with the chairman over managing the cashflow of the project including short term use of reserves if necessary.
- That the Council give authority to the RFO & the Town Clerk in consultation with the chairman to draw down the public works board loan of up to £1.9M as and when required to deliver the project
- That the Council agree to delegate variations in the contract to the Town Clerk in consultation with the technical project manager, the CC Board and where appropriate the project group so long as the value of these changes are within the contingency value.
C82 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Monday 20th December 2021.
Clerk to the Council
23rd November 2021