PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Road, Paddock Wood
Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF THE ESTATES COMMITTEE to be held on Monday 14th February 2022 at 7.45pm in the Day Centre, Commercial Road.
APOLOGY: Kevin Butler, Estates Manager
Cllr M Flashman
ES62 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
ES63 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on the 13th December 2021.
ES64 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
- a) ES53(a) – the specimen trees have been planted at Putlands, and the whips have been taken to FHW.
- b) Day Centre Tree stumps – a scan of the area has taken place and the contractors have advised that the stumps are too close to the cables to be ground out.
- c) ES60 – Invicta Law have been contacted and asked to act on the Council’s behalf.
- d) Bench at Ringden Avenue
The Grant funding has been approved and the contractor will install the bench as soon as possible. Permission will need to be obtained from KCC to work on the highway.
- e) The council’s insurance company has agreed to pay for the damage to the fencing at the Memorial Playing Field following tree damage last summer.
- f) Contractors have re laid the hedge of St Andrews Old Churchyard. A lot of replacement hedging has been required due to the amount of tree ivy.
ES65 GREEN LANE POND
See attached report
ES66 CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
The council’s contract for the Christmas lights has now expired. The contractors have offered to renew the contract for another three years at a cost of £5800. A new scheme would cost £8120. The council had budgeted £10,000 for Christmas Decorations in total, which also has to include installation and the cost of the trees.
Recommendation: the existing contract is renewed for a further three years.
ES67 HANGING BASKETS
As it is the Platinum Jubilee the Council’s plant contractor has advised that they can put together a colour scheme of Red, White, Blue & Silver.
The cost will be £4136 including installation. The Council has budgeted £5,000 for Town Centre planting.
Recommendation: that the quote should be accepted, and the order placed for Jubilee colours.
ES68 FOAL HURST WOOD
The section 106 funding which had been allocated to replace the footbridges is not yet available. As two bridges are in urgent need of replacement it is recommended that existing funding of £3000 in the FHW budget should be used to replace them.
ES69 TERMS OF REFERENCE
To note the revised Terms of Reference.
ES70 PADDOCK WOOD FOOTBALL CLUB
To consider the attached request for 18/19th June 2022.
ES71 DATE of NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on the 14th March 2022.
Clerk to the Council
8th March 2022