PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Road, Paddock Wood
Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF THE ESTATES COMMITTEE to be held on Monday 13th March , 2023 at 7.00 pm in the Day Centre, Commercial Road.
PLEASE NOTE EARLIER START TIME
ALLOTMENTS PRE-MEETING 6.30PM RE ITEM ES63
ES57 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
ES58 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on the12th December 2022.
ES59 ESTATES MANAGER’S REPORT
To receive an update from the Estate’s manager.
- Agreement reached with UKPN to pay for contractor to carry out remedial works to land at Green Lane.
- UKPN advised they are planting additional replacement trees in accordance with recommendations from Natural England regarding dormouse habitat.
- Minor amendment to UKPN wayleave in Strikes Wood has been agreed.
- Estimate accepted from Amethyst Horticulture to provide hanging baskets in Town Centre. Large Container Planters removed from specification to save money and staff time for watering. Brick planters to be improved by estates staff subject to budget for plants.
- Estimate for Kubota ride on mower accepted (£750) booked to take place in March.
- Estimate received for update of day centre smoke/heat detectors. (Provided) this will be booked in for March. They should have been replaced in 2017but this was overlooked.
- Memorial Bench guidelines as drafted by Estates Manager have been sent to funeral directors along with the revised rules and fees table applicable from 1st April 2024.
- Compost boxes have been provided in Cemetery. See report from Deputy Clerk.
ES60 TO CONSIDER PROVISION OF CHILD GRAVESPACES IN THE CEMETERY.
See report from Deputy Clerk
ES61 PLAY AREA EQUIPMENT UPDATE
To note estimates provided from Wicksteed. Note Estates manager has been unable to get quotes from other suppliers as this repair and replacement work is smaller than they consider to be worth quoting for. In addition to the costings:
St Andrews £35,977.72
There would be labour costs of approx. £4000. These figures EXCLUDE VAT. There are currently insufficient funds for this work. Estates manager will monitor and make safe as and when required.
a)Allotment rents are due for review.
To consider rental fees for commencement 1st April 2024. allotment fees comparison and costs analysis from Estates manager/rfo.
b) To consider annual review of fees instead of every 5 years at present in order to reflect fluctuations in costs.
c)To consider amendments to terms and conditions. (Alterations would apply from April 2024).
Proposed revisions provided.
d)To consider removing provision of free mains water.
Cost analysis provided within spreadsheet.
ES63 TO CONSIDER H&S MATTERS REGARDING FOALHURST WOOD.
Estates manager to report. DECISION REQUIRED
ES64 CRICKET WICKET
Estates manager to update
ES65 TO CONSIDER REQUEST TO HOLD FUN FAIR ON ST ANDREWS FIELD IN MAY.
To receive report from estates manager -refer to note from Deputy Clerk. Provided
ES66 TO CONSIDER MATTERS REGARDING FENCE AT REAR OF APPLETREE HOMES DEVELOPMENT ADJACENT TO PWTC LAND.
To receive report from estates manager. DECISION REQUIRED.
ES67 LIGHTING IN DAY CENTRE AND ST ANDREWS HALL
The light fittings in both the Day Centre and St Andrew’s Hall are beginning to fail and will need replacing shortly.
The Estates Manager will advise members on options.
ES68 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Monday 17th of April 2023 at 7.45 pm in the Day Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood
Clerk to the Council
6th of March 2023