PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Road, Paddock Wood
Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF THE ESTATES COMMITTEE to be held on Monday 13th December 2021 at 7.45pm in the Day Centre, Commercial Road.
APOLOGIES: Mrs N Reay, Town Clerk
ES51 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
ES52 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on Monday 8th November 2021.
ES53 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES
- a) E45 – TWBC have advised that the trees should be delivered shortly. Costs for grinding out the stumps outside the Day Centre have been requested. However, a scan has shown that there are power cables under the site. The final invoice for the trees is awaited but the Council has allocated £2000 for tree planting for 2021/22.
The cost of whips for Foal Hurst Wood is currently £1.20 ea +VAT. Rabbit guards are £34.99/hundred. To plant 800 whips will cost £1246. The Committee has requested £6,000 be allocated for tree planting in 2022/23 budget.
- b) ES46 – TWBC has carried out a 1 off collection of garden waste in Paddock Wood.
- c) ES47 – S106 funding (a) – additional funding from the S106 agreements has been identified. See attached schedule.
- b) – Following a discussion with the planning officer it would appear that the s106 funding from the Station Road development will be for public realm improvements. As discussed at last month’s meeting the costs of new benches will be submitted. The costs of replacing the war memorial railings and replacing the paving is also being sought, and subject to members agreement a request will also be put forward to replace the railings and paving.
ES54 OLD CHURCH YARD HEDGE
It had previously been agreed that the hedge around the Old Church Yard should be layered. The contractor had advised that further growth should be allowed before he could carry out the work. There is now sufficient growth, but the contractor employed is no longer able to carry out the work.
Quotes from other contractors are being sought and will be provided at the meeting if available.
ES55 WILD MEADOW SPACES
To consider the future management of the unmown spaces. See notes from Deputy Clerk. DECISION REQUIRED
ES56 CHILDRENS GRAVE SPACES
There were concerns regarding the poor quality of the bricks that had been used. The contractor met with the Estates Manager and has since attended, replaced the damaged bricks, and is to treat the whole area with a sealant AND refill pointing with sand. The Estates Manager will update members on the current position
- a) Following maintenance work on the trees at Mount Pleasant the contractor has advised that one of the trees needs felling as it is in danger of splitting. The Estates Manager will advise members. The cost of removing the tree will be £220. Members are asked to agree to the removal of the tree and consider whether it should be replaced.
- b) Attached is a copy of the recent tree survey. Two trees have been identified as in need of immediate attention. The tree at Fuggles Close is not on Town Council land. Town and Country Housing who own the land have been notified.
The other work will be scheduled according to priority.
ES58 FOALHURST WOOD WORKS
- a) Bridges – See notes from Deputy Clerk
- b) Car Park resurfacing and drainage – See notes from Deputy Clerk
ES59 ESTATES MANAGER’S REPORT
To receive an update from the Estates Manager on current work.
Under section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (admission to meetings) Act 1960 the following items may be exempt from the press and public.
ES60 KENT CLOSE ALLOTMENTS
To consider the attached report.
ES61 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Monday 14th February 2022.
Clerk to the Council
7th December 2021.