PADDOCK WOOD TOWN COUNCIL
The Podmore Building, St Andrews Road, Paddock Wood
Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 6HT
Telephone: 01892 837373
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF THE ESTATES COMMITTEE to be held on Monday 11th October 2021 at 7.45pm in the Day Centre, Commercial Road.
APOLOGIES Mrs N Reay, Town Clerk
ES33 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
ES34 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
To APPROVE the minutes of the meeting held on 11th October 2021.
ES35 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING
- a) ES20 (c) E-van update – Ton Hire do not have any hybrid or e-vans to hire.
- b) ES23 – Legionella Survey – the price has remained the same as the original quote and the order has been placed.
- c) ES28 – the new bench has been ordered by the manufacturers have advised that there is a 12 week lead in time.
- d) ES29 – The Estates Manager will arrange for the cuttings to be cleared by a contractor after the last cut of the year, if required.
- e) ES31 & ES32 – the Council’s solicitor has been instructed accordingly
ES36 FLOODING PUTLANDS FIELD
To receive a report from Cllr Turk, and for members to consider what further action, if any, the council should take.
ES37 MEMORIAL PAVILION
The rear of the Pavilion has been covered in a significant amount of graffiti. The Council normally removes graffiti by pressure washing or a chemical remover if it is a small area. Unfortunately, as the Memorial Pavilion is timber clad neither of these methods will work without further damage to the building.
A specialist company has been identified and they have quoted £1,800 + VAT to clean the Pavilion. They have tried a test area and it would appear to be successful. See attached photos.
Members are asked to consider if they wish to proceed with this work, in light of discussions to renovate the pavilion. Estimates to upgrade the pavilion have been received and are in the region of £30k. Under the Council’s Financial Regulations specifications and formal tender documents will need to be drawn up if members wish to progress with this project.
ES38 COVID TEST CENTRE
KCC is looking for suitable walk in testing sites and have approached the town council.
Details of what is required are attached for members consideration. Possible locations would be the Green Lane Car Park or the Memorial Car Park/Tennis courts.
ES39 BUDGET 2022/23
The following proposals are put forward for consideration.
- a) £20,600 is available under a section 106 agreement for FHW. The agreement states that this for improvements to Foal Hurst Wood. Estimates for the resurfacing of the car park are £25,000.
- b) Tree Planting – to consider future tree planting plans. Details of the Queen’s Green Canopy can be found on the following website. https://queensgreencanopy.org/ TWBC have advised that they have a supply of saplings to give away and some specimen trees at a reduced rate. Details have been forwarded to members. The Town Council allocated £2000 for tree planting in 2021/22.
- c) New bench for Memorial Field in Memory of David Henshaw – £500
- d) Day Centre Improvements – the Town Council has in its earmarked reserves £4500, as well as the £10,860 which was received as Covid Relief for the Day Centre. Total £15,360.
- e) Improvements to White’s Corner – to considering removing the high hedges around the benches which create a secluded area for antisocial behaviour and re planting the whole area
- f) Any other projects members wish to put forward for consideration.
ES40 ESTATES MANAGER’S REPORT
ES41 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will take place on Monday 8th November 2021.
Clerk to the Council
5th October 2021.